MULTIFUNCTIONAL SPORTS HALL ARENA, BURGAS
The main goal of the project is the construction of a modern multifunctional sports center, designed to meet the needs of sports and mass-cultural events of the Municipality of Bourgas and serve as a major sports and event venuein the city of Burgas and the residential neighboringareas.
The sports complex is designed along the main boulevard and comprises the following sports facilities:
1.A multifunctional sports hall,designed for athletics championships with capacity of 7495 seats (including 750 seats on mobile stands).When concerts and conferences are held, the sports hall capacity can be increased to over 10,000 seats. The building is positioned in the middle of the plot, where the building axis is located on the northeast-southwest direction, with a main entrance from the south-west side on "Stefan Stambolov" Blvd.
2. A training block unit with a sports hall unit, a warm-up unit and a registration unitforthe athletes, located under the northeastern section of the sports hall facing “Izgrev” district.
3. A floor-levelled parking lot, located in the northern part of the plot, with a capacity of 224 parking spaces.
4. External parking lots with capacity of 186 parking spaces and a parking street withaccessto "Stefan Stambolov" Blvd.
5. A minipark in the northwest sectionof the plot, located between the main entrance of the sports hall and the bus stop, and on the road between the bus stop/subway and the inside border of “Izgrev”district.
6. Outdoor playgrounds in the southern section of the plot, including one mini football field and two basketball/volleyball courts.
The architectural aspect of the designaims at imbedding the vision of the sports hall in the surrounding environment and turning it into a spatial accent on "Stefan Stambolov" Blvd. – the main entrance roadto the city of Burgas. The dynamic design of the building is further emphasized by the urban green infrastructure.
The main shaping element of the design solution is conveyed via the dynamic corner lines of the facade,focusing the "visual center" of the building on the boulevard, and creating a perceptionof the functional purpose of the sports hall.